Spring has arrived, and as the weather in Iowa is turning to sunshine and warm breezes. It’s the perfect time for Spring activities like cleaning, organizing, and of course redecorating!
I always recommend Sprucing up your home for Spring. Not only is it a fun activity, it can boost your mood. Redecorating doesn't automatically mean dollar signs either … the key is in building a good foundation that consists of items that easily transition from season to season.
Here are my 10 must have decor essentials:
- Wooden Accent Pieces - Risers, Trays, Cutting Boards & Bowls are always a great staple and transition through every season.
- Books - Large Coffee Table Books, smaller Hard Cover Books & even pretty Notebooks add beautiful texture and often needed elevation to your decor.
- Neutral Vases and Vessels.
- Lanterns & Candle Holders.
- Pillow Inserts.
- Greenery - Orbs, Branches and Sticks.
- Baskets - For Storage & Display.
- Neutral Photo Frames - For Printables and Art.
- Quality Rugs.
If you invest in the basics, your home only needs these 5 items to look fresh for Spring!
Here are my must haves for Spring:
- Spring Scented Candles - As someone who burns candles every day, I can tell you they are a quick and inexpensive way to freshen up a space! Not only do they smell great when they're burning, they also add a subtle scent all day long.
- Faux Florals - Faux flowers have come a long way and while they might be expensive upfront, you can store them and decorate with them every year! Simple arrangements in a neutral vase are an instant Spring Spruce Up!
- Printables & Artwork - One of the easiest and best Spring updates has to be artwork! With $15 - $20 pdf printables or your own photos you can update a space for little to nothing. Look for pieces that are unique and invoke a warm seasonal vibe, if you choose carefully they'll look great until Fall.
- Throw Pillows/Covers - If you're like me, you're pillow obsessed. I've recently started purchasing pillow covers instead of an entire pillow; I simply replace the insert. Covers store easily in a linen closet and take up far less space.
- Throw Blankets - Whether they're casually thrown on a bed, couch, or chair throws are any easy way to add texture and feel to a room! They can be purposefully styled in a basket, on a blanket ladder or hung from a hook to add additional style to a space. Choose a neutral and light weave for warmer months. Turkish cotton throws and towels are my favorite for Spring & Summer.